South Africa is rich in culture and history and, as such, there are many unique experiences in and around Johannesburg that would make for the perfect addition to a holiday. The African Day Tour Company offers several Day Tours that are not only authentic and value for money but also actually worth doing, which ensures that guests spend their time wisely, create great memories and fully enjoy their holiday in South Africa.
1. Apartheid MuseumSouth Africa’s Apartheid Museum chronicles a dark time in the country’s history and the impact that it had on the nation. The carefully-curated exhibition includes provocative film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts showing the events and stories that occurred during apartheid times. It’s a truly humbling experience and is certainly worth seeing.
- Explore a significant chapter in South Africa's history.
- A family-friendly tour.
- Choose between Soweto only or Joburg & Soweto day tour.
2. SowetoSoweto, formed from the words South Western Township, has a deep history. Once known for violent clashes during apartheid times and tragedy, it’s become a symbol of the culture and heritage that present-day South Africa is known for. Attractions to see here include the Hector Pieterson Museum, Mandela House and Vilakazi Street.
- Visit one of the famous streets in Soweto - Vilakazi Street
- Go to Soweto only or do a combined Joburg & Soweto day tour.
- A colourful and culture-filled experience.
3. Lesedi Cultural VillageSouth Africa has a rich and diverse heritage, which is why it is fondly known as the Rainbow Nation. Lesedi Cultural Village gives guests insight into some of these cultures and celebrates them through a colourful and traditional demonstration of dance as well as a walk through traditional dwellings and insight into the beliefs of each culture.
- Enjoy a Monati lunch and cultural show.
- Learn more about South Africa's diverse and unique cultures.
- Tour runs from 13:00 to 19:30.
Guest ReviewsI stayed here for one night before my safari with Outlook Safari and it was great. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the room was really comfortable and clean and the food was really lovely. I would definitely recommend this place.
-April W | Outlook Lodge O.R Tambo.